Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Power Card Renewals

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can never seem to remember which fields to add for kids cards, and what note to put in for when someone renews just by showing their licenses, so here's a cheat sheet:

For kids' Powercards done before the new registration form came out, you'll need to add the U and R fields, possibly the X Second Parent field.


Field                Information

N                    SMITH JOHN                                     (Juvenile Name)

A                    1302 HEIGHTS BLVD                        HOUSTON TX
                       77008                                                 (“CHILDS” Mailing Address)
H                    1302 HEIGHTS BLVD
                       HOUSTON TX
                       77008                                                 (“SIGNING PARENTS” Physical Address)


T                    832-393-1810                                                     (Primary Phone)

P                    832-234-5678                                                     (Alternate Phone)

U                   RESPONSIBLE PARENT ID: T12345678       (Signing Parent ID number)

X                   SECOND PARENT: SMITH MARY T23456789 DOB 8-1-76   (Parent 2 Field)

X                   ADDRESS VERIFIED BY: TDL                          (Based on Parent’s documentation)

X                   LAPTOP PERMISSION GRANTED: YES

X                   REG. LOCATION: HEI                                     (Pre-selected by computer)

B                   22477123456789

R                   SMITH JOHNATHON DOB 7-1-75                                   (Responsible Parent)

Z                   JSMITH2@GMAIL.COM        
Z                   JSMITH@WORKEMAIL.COM
For Powercards renewed with TDL etc. where a patron doesn't have to fill out the form:
X  11/27/12 REGISTRATION RENEWAL INFORMATION VERIFIED WITH TDL. CIR/FS
X  11/27/12 REGISTRATION RENEWAL INFORMATION VERIFIED WITH CURRENT LEASE AGREEMENT AND U OF H ID. CIR/FS
X  11/27/12 REIGSTRATION RENEWAL INFORMATION VERIFIED WITH TID. CIR/FS
X  11/27/12 REGISTRATION RENEWAL INFORMATION VERIFIED WITH CURRENT MAIL AND LA DRIVER LICENSE. CIR/FS

-Sara

2 comments:

Heights Staff said...

Sara since you brought it up, RESPONSIBLE PARENT names need to be entered LASTNAME FIRSTNAME, just like the name on the account. This is because they are now searchable, just like account names and if they are in a different format they don't get found.

Secondly, I have been putting multiple email addresses as two (or more) separate Z fields. I have no idea if it makes a difference but it is also acceptable and definitely easier to see/correct.

- Trista

Heights Staff said...

Thanks for the comment! I'll fix the post for that.

Blog Archive